Group of Experts on Action against Violence
against Women and Domestic Violence (GREVIO)
Strasbourg, 10 November 2016 GREVIO/Inf(2016)LD8
List of decisions adopted at the 8th meeting
(Strasbourg, 7 – 10 November 2016)
The adopted agenda of the 8th meeting is set out in the Appendix.
Agenda item 9 Information on the activities of the Drafting Group on Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage (CDDH-MF)
Having been informed of the latest developments regarding the work of the Drafting Group on Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage (CDDH-MF), GREVIO members decided to mandate the Executive Secretary of the monitoring mechanism of the Istanbul Convention to represent GREVIO before the CDDH at the Committee’s 86th meeting (6-9 December 2016).
Agenda item 12 Thematic debate on Article 36 of the Istanbul Convention on sexual violence, including rape
Following a presentation given by Ms Françoise Brié, GREVIO members held a thematic debate on the offence of sexual violence, including rape, as defined in Article 36 of the Convention. In relation with this topic, GREVIO members discussed the issue concerning age and consent in relation to the offence of rape, with the participation of Ms Gioia Scappucci, Executive Secretary to the Lanzarote Convention. GREVIO agreed to include this issue amongst the list of topics to be debated at future meetings.
Agenda item 14 State dialogues
GREVIO members considered the reports submitted by Austria and Monaco in accordance with Article 68, paragraph 1 of the Convention and conducted a dialogue with the state representatives of these two countries in accordance with paragraph 2 of this article.
Agenda item 15 Communications received containing information for consideration by GREVIO
GREVIO members decided on the follow-up action to be taken in relation to communications received in accordance with the modalities set out in document GREVIO(2016)17.
Agenda item 16 Appointing rapporteurs
Having regard to the provisional timetable for the baseline evaluation (document IC/Inf(2016)2, available on GREVIO’s restricted website), GREVIO members appointed ten new rapporteurs for Montenegro, Turkey, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Portugal and Sweden. On the same occasion, they appointed one substitute rapporteur for each country for which they appointed rapporteurs, with the exception of Portugal.
Agenda item 20 Other business
Following a communication by the United Nations Special Rapporteur on violence against women, its causes and consequences, proposing a joint call by international and regional bodies working to end violence against women, GREVIO members expressed their support for this call in the terms set out in the document distributed during the meeting.
GREVIO agreed that the GREVIO member holding the nationality of the state party undergoing evaluation would not attend the dialogue with the representatives of the state concerned.
Agenda of the 8th meeting of GREVIO
1. Opening of the meeting
2. Adoption of the agenda and order of business
3. Adoption of the report of GREVIO’s 7th meeting and matters arising
4. Oral report from the Bureau
5. Administrative and budgetary questions
6. State of signatures and ratifications of the Convention
7. Information on co-operation activities of the Council of Europe of interest to GREVIO
8. Information on the activities of international governmental and non-governmental organisations of interest to GREVIO
9. Information on the activities of the Drafting Group on Female Genital Mutilation and Forced Marriage (CDDH-MF)
10. Exchange of views with the High Level Gender mainstreaming expert of the Council of Europe
11. Exchange of views with representatives of the European Union Agency for Fundamental Rights
12. Thematic debate on Article 36 of the Istanbul Convention on sexual violence, including rape
13. Preparation of the two state dialogues
a. Preparation of dialogue with state representatives of Monaco
b. Preparation of dialogue with state representatives of Austria
14. State dialogues
a. Dialogue with state representatives on the report submitted by Monaco, as set out in Article 68, paragraph 2 of the Convention
b. Dialogue with state representatives on the report submitted by Austria, as set out in Article 68, paragraph 2 of the Convention
15. Communications received containing information for consideration by GREVIO
16. Appointing rapporteurs
17. Training for GREVIO members
18. Dates of the next meetings
19. Items to be put on the agenda of the 9th meeting
20. Other business
21. Approval of the list of decisions adopted during the 8th meeting