P-PG/Med (2011) 42
2012 MedNET work programme
Adopted at the 11th MedNET meeting on 15.11 2011
1. Activities per country
1.1 Algeria :
· 1. National Population survey : 1 national day: and 3 regional days to return results
· 2. 1 seminar on information and awareness raising on synthetic drugs and chemical precursors of drugs open to participation of MedNET countries
· 3. 1 training regional seminar for managers of NGOs in the field of information, communication and networking
· 4. 1 seminar on combating drug trafficking in airports open to participation of MedNET countries.
· 5. Preparation and publication of a booklet for the intermediary treatment centres in 2 languages (Arabic and French).
1.2 Egypt :
· Meeting the Needs for Treatment and Treatment Centres in Egypt :follow-up of the project started in 2011 with needs assessment and proposal for amendments of the law
· Proposal for social and Ministry of Health Service Adaptation to Gender Oriented Care of Substance dependent women : project over 2012 and 2013 within the framework of DADNET
1. 3 Jordan :
· Setting up a vocational therapy unit.
· Treatment Demand project
· MedSPAD survey
1.4. Lebanon :
· L’atelier du Je: creating agents of prevention
· Training in care and treatment : diplomas in Casablanca and Rabat
· Production of material for users, their families and the community
· 2nd MedSPAD Survey
· Support to the first year of functioning of the Monitoring/resource centre on drugs and drug addiction
1.6. Tunisia :
· 1. Addictology diploma
· 2. National consultation seminar on drug policy
· Study visit
2. Regional activities linked to the creation of national monitoring/resource centres
· Study visit to Cyprus linked to the setting up of national monitoring/resource centre .
· Regional seminar on the use of drug research in policy in the Mediterranean Region. Seminar linked to the creation of the national monitoring/resource centre in Morocco.
3. Support to activities by other networks
· 3rd Francophone International Colloquy on“Treatment of opioid dependency”Geneva, 18-19 October 2012 : funding of participation costs of 6 participants from Algeria, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, Jordan, Egypt
4. Support to initiatives by MedNET
· Project on education and training in addictology